Sunday, May 3, 2009

More thoughts....

Today I headed to The Crafty Market, in Newmarket. Its on the first Sunday of the month, and it was launched today. It is near The Coombe Hospital, and is also where the Food Co-Op has moved to .

There was live music, lots of stalls, and lovely veggie food and great coffee.
I was surprised by the kitchen, as I thought the regulations were strict regarding places that sell food, in that they were supposed to be all stainless steel and special surfaces and specific distances from one thing to the next. It gives me hope, seeing the set up today. They served delicious Pizza's, Panninis and a few other things. Yum.

With the Mill venture, we are trying to come up with a name, and decide when we can take it, and which premises we opt for. We are hoping for an employment grant from The Enterprise Board which will help us get started.

The other thing I am thinking, is that if by any chance we can get the bigger space, depending on how many people commit to the venture, is to have someone else to set up the coffee shop, and run it as a separate business. I think there is such scope. I am beginning to see that it would be very difficult to run a studio with classes, and do our own work and at the same time run a coffee shop.

We meet with Bertha from KELT on Tuesday morning to see what funding is available. Can't wait......

1 comment:

  1. Itll be great! Let me know when you are going to that crafty market again...sounds fab :)

    ReplyDelete